The domaine

The Domaine Germain Père et fils story began in 1955 with Bernard Germain.

The vines were located solely in Saint Romain. Then, gradually, he purchased a few plots in Pommard, Beaune and Hautes Côtes de Beaune. All in all, he owned 6 hectares of vineyard. Very little was bottled, most was sold in bulk.
In 1968 he won his first silver medal at the Paris Concours Agricole.

In 1976 he was joined by his son, Patrick and together they created a GAEC (Groupement Agricole d'Exploitation en Commun). They expanded their sales of bottled wines.
In 1983 Patrick, helped by his wife, Marie-Thérèse, expanded the domaine’s activity outside Burgundy. In particular Belgium, where they participated in several fairs and shows.
The domaine began to sell its bottles to restaurants.
The cellar opened its doors to customers.

In 2009 Bernard's grandson, Arnaud, joined the domaine and has been expanding its sales activity ever since. He set up his own wine merchant business, "Maison Arnaud Germain", to expand the domaine's range. Its wine list now includes Mersault, Volnay, Chambolle-Musigny and Puligny-Montrachet.
The domain's wines are now sold throughout France, Europe and for export.

In 2010 he signed the charter of the Independent Winemakers (Charte des Vignerons Indépendants), the symbol of viticulture's rich diversity of terroirs and expertise.

Today, the domain's future is guaranteed thanks to Arnaud and Angélique.